Senior EE Supply Chain Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Selected candidate will be member of the procurement professional's team within HP Central Direct Procurement Services organization (CDPS), supporting Large Format Printers (LFP) business.
He/she will be accountable to manage key strategic vendors and manufacturing partners mainly related to digital technologies and modules, from a business and technical stand points, with main focus in New Product Development (NPD) phases. He/She will work very closely with R&D strategist to define the Long Term AoS strategy, and improve the cost structure of the electronics. He/She will work in an international organization, interacting with suppliers and organizations worldwide. He/She will have to work very close with LFP and 3D R&D and Ops to understand new technology needs, provide market and design for cost, quality & manufacturability inputs, and industrialize the assigned parts and subsystems. He/She will have to master the market related to the main LFP/3D Electronics modules and parts (formatters, ASICs, CPU, FPGA, display).
Responsible for the sourcing strategy of key technologies which includes:
- Anticipating the business needs by working closely with R&D (related Technology Roadmaps SC representative), Operations and Marketing teams from LFP to ensure that Long Term AoS is taken into account.
- Building market technology and cost intelligence at part/subsystem/function level, identifying the possible suppliers and work with Ops/R&D to maximize leverage/reuse and optimize LFP/3D cost structure for electronics.
- Considering the entire product life cycle needs.
• Responsible to select and manage the assigned suppliers which includes:
- Integrating the needs of all the NPD Programs and entities (LFP, CDPS, Global Manufacturing Operations, Distribution Centers,...) and driving their results.
- Negotiating with vendors pre and post manufacturing release Cost Reduction, and the rest of business deliverables (including terms & conditions, contracts and IP handling).
- Growing a strong partner relationship by building personal empathy and thru proactive and fair interactions.
- Leading HP internal alignment, ensuring consistent messages to the vendors.
- Periodical business reviews to suppliers, including performance evaluation and development plan.
Ensure the procurement technical deliverables are met and coaching other members of the CPDS GSB Electromechanical team
- including parts/subassemblies specs clarification, manufacturing processes, tooling,
- Quality control plan, assurance of supply, prototypes for builds, metrology.
Project Manager for assigned Procurement processes or projects, leading their implementation within the organization.
Education and Experience Required:
- The perfect candidate holds Bachelor's or Master's Degree majoring in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with supplementary education in areas as Program Management and/or MBA . If this requirement is met we would be happy to have candidates with:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in development/sourcing of PC motherboards, system based on ASIC/FPGA development/sourcing, electronics architecture definition (power system, PCA chunking, buy vs make of modules,...), program mgmt and/or strategic sourcing on outsourced developments of electronics modules and systems, experience in sustained engineering (cost reduction, quality improvement, ...) of electronics.. Experience in other electronics mechatronics systems (cabling, power cabinets, motors, ...) will be also valued.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid Technical and Business skills: Strong technology knowhow including Quality and Process engineering, and major EE components and modules players knowledge and market intelligence (intuition, inquisitiveness, strategic vision).
- Strong negotiation skills: Able to get the best deal for HP without breaking the relationship and without impacting the schedules. Good control of the communication pace. Creating empathy with the partner. Contracts negotiation.
- Project Management skills: Able to deploy cross-organizational implementation plans thru partners, timely track progress, identify deviations and proactively take corrective actions. Strong leadership, able to effectively sell own ideas, and to influence others to buy-in and follow them without having direct control.
- Strong Team Building and teamwork: Able to build rapport with partners so that new ideas can be accepted smoothly; and to give/receive open and honest feedback in a positive attitude.
- Excellent Presentation and Communication skills: Able to integrate different organizations by actively listening to all parties to make internal tradeoff decisions and to ensure consistency in front of the partners. Clear presentations, going directly to the point and transmitting high level of confidence.
- This position includes travels.
Back to top