Senior Director, Print Software Platforms
- San Diego, CA
HP Inc. is on the cutting edge of personal computing, printing, and emerging 3D technologies. Innovative and adaptive, we've grown with the industry for decades, from instruments to calculators, to computers, printers, and now the new frontier of 3D manufacturing.
HP Inc. is investing heavily in building the Print digital ecosystem with a unified firmware, cloud, data, and client software platforms. The digital ecosystem enables cloud-based applications and services as part of its ongoing growth strategy. This role is focused on our client software platform and solutions for all customer segments, including consumers, small business, and enterprise. We are looking for a strong technical leader that is familiar with developing and deploying client software for devices including mobile and desktop. A person who, with an understanding of the ecosystem and evolving client software technology, can lead technology, technology teams, and solution roadmaps making informed make vs buy decisions to keep HP at the forefront of this technology.
This person should be a natural leader that can build a compelling vision for both the team and the broader organization. They need to be able to collaborate closely with the product management team to turn vision into strategy into action. Experience working within a larger ecosystem and managing / cultivating strong partnerships is crucial. This person should provide innovative solutions to complex and critically sensitive issues affecting multiple disciplines and work groups. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in accomplishing objectives. Serves as the organization spokesperson on specialized projects or programs. Champions large projects that affect the company's long-range goals and objectives. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
As a director, you will be responsible to lead the dialog with executive management and technical colleagues to establish a vision on how and where we invest to deliver industry leading solutions. You will guide technology choices and architectures to provide optimized experiences and capabilities to our customers.You will be leading a globally distributed team of approximately 200 engineers.
- Create a vision and develop strategy/technology roadmaps for Print software solutions and services, engineering and technology development and transfer across the Global Business Units and company at large.
- Communicates strategy and roadmaps to executive staff and key industry partners and customers; leverages recognized technical and business expertise to influence, guide, and shape business strategy and decision-making at the highest organizational levels.
- Provides consultation, design input, and feedback for research and new product development and design reviews across multiple organizations and architectures.
- Evaluates and develops external relationships for technologies and innovations for alignment with research roadmap and potential business value; creates strategic plan for integration and update into research and product architecture.
- Build a strong leadership and technology team that sets the example of product engineering innovation and excellence.
- Participates in and provides input on process for selection of future technical leaders.
High level skills include:
- An experienced leader who has established technical and management credibility and track record of significant business and industry impact.
- Deep knowledge and experience in leading the architecture, development, and deployment of large scale software solutions and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage development across multiple disciplines and design solutions involving Firmware, Software, Mobile, and cloud-based solutions.
- Actively tracking advancements in the Industry and offers from cloud services that HP should be capitalizing on. Ability to make forward looking make vs buy decision leveraging a growing and changing industry
- Ability to build a team, attract the best talent, and establish a collaborative expertise center that will foster innovation, deliver results, and become the MVPs of our respective business units.
Qualified applicants will need:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar level of applied knowledge gained through industry experience.
- 10+ years of leading teams across sites and geographies
- 10+ years solving complex problems in software on devices
- 10+ years of leadership experience with technologies including device architecture, system architecture, software platforms, large scale deployment, and related solutions that are leveraged across a large organization.
- Experience implementing and driving industry best practices in development.
- Great communication skills to establish a vision, align executive leaders, convey complex concepts to teams with differing backgrounds, build trust, and create engaging partnerships. #LI-EXEC
Back to top