Senior Corporate Counsel (f/m)
You will be providing legal services as a key member of the Corporate, Securities and M&A section of HP's Legal department as part of the Corporate Transactions, Integration and International Governance (CTIIG) group.
The CTIIG group manages and supervises corporate restructuring projects of HP across the globe in coordination with HP's Tax and local legal departments. CTIIG supports a range of projects from relatively simple corporate law matters to highly complex and critical operations. CTIIG also manages and supervises integration projects in coordination with country teams and provides assistance on compliance and governance matters.
In your role as Senior Corporate Counsel, you will:
- Advise on general corporate law advice to various HP stakeholders, notably HP's tax, finance and treasury departments
- Advise on corporate restructurings and reorganizations (cash planning, tax reorganizations and internal debt and equity restructurings)
- Activity participate in, and supervise the management of, boards of directors of international subsidiaries
- Supervise management of day-to-day and annual corporate compliance of world-wide holding and operating entities
- Plan and coordinate integrations of newly acquired companies
The position is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
The ideal candidate is a Corporate Finance lawyer with a solid tax and finance background. Experience in providing advice to a large group of legal entities in multiple jurisdictions is a plus. Management experience is essential with an interest in further developing leadership skills through people development, mentoring and strategic planning. Collaborative, collegial and fun, and team-focused attitude is a must.
The candidate should have some experience in a top tier private law firm practicing corporate law with an emphasis on restructuring and internal reorganizations with a real exposure to tax related matters. In-house experience in the legal department of a large corporation practicing corporate law is a plus.
In addition, the following are essential:
- Excellent presentation, writing and organizational skills;
- Excellent people and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to a large and complex structure with varying priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines; and
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Post graduate law degree from a recognized European university associated with a degree in corporate finance/taxes.
- LLM and/or admission to a bar/solicitors roll in Europe.
- Experience: 8-12 years in a top tier law firm or in an in house legal department (having both backgrounds is a plus), including 3-5 years of management experience.
- Languages: English mandatory, second and third European languages are a plus.
What do we offer?
Due to extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, HP is one of the world´s most attractive employer. We make equal opportunities, the achievement of work-life balance and constantly career options our goals.
Interested? Apply right now directly via our Job Portal (please upload English CV and coverletter).
You can also find us on:
As a standard part of our hiring process we conduct candidate screenings including CV and education checks.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top