Senior Colors, Materials, Finish Designer
- Spring, TX
As a senior CMF designer at HP's Design Studio, you will be responsible for the concept, development, coordination and execution of CMF strategies for future HP products, accessories and soft goods. You will be responsible for a high volume, fast-paced and ever growing portfolio of products across multiple categories. You will be part of the CMF team that creates and executes world-class products in terms of form, materials, and colors.
You will be involved in every aspect of the CMF design process. This includes trend research, analysis and translation, presentation, mood and story creation, material innovation, development of CMF strategies, and execution of final color, materials, and finishes for production.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop CMF strategies, color and material development and push through to production implementation with the design team across a broad range of products for both the commercial and consumer segments.
- Support creative and aesthetic vision at the front end of new product developments to tactically executing the CMF design through mass productions.
- Develop digital and physical CMF presentations that show a future vision for a broad range of products based on research, trend forecasting and creative intuition.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, proactively solve problems, be detail-orientated and accomplish challenging objectives.
- Provide thought leadership for material development for a broad range of materials. Drive those developments to market success.
- Collaborate and guide the CMF team to ideate, visualize, develop design proposals for colors, materials, and finishes for consumerand commericial electronic products, accessories and soft goods.
- Drive design execution of colors, materials, and finishes for both prototype models and production products.
- Collaborate and strategize with cross functional teams, including product design, engineering, supply chain to implement production of final CMF designs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors. Includes identifying new resources for materials to ensure innovative designs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Textile Design, Color and Material Design, or the equivalent in professional experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, flexible, and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Must have demonstrable technical knowledge of mass production, manufacturing processes, and materials.
- 5+ Years of relevant CMF design experience in a progressive, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and collaboration
- Proficiency with design tools, software and prototyping methods. Working knowledge of Adobe CC and Keyshot.
- Successful track record of working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Domestic and international work travel
- A portfolio will be required to apply for this role
When applying, please also include a link to your portfolio, website or demo reel
Back to top