Senior Business Analyst
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Provide critical leadership, guidance and financial analytics to the A3 Printing Solutions (A3) Business Unit and its leadership staff. A3 is established as a separate Business Unit within the Office Printing Solutions (OPS) Organization. Primary focus is on the performance and financial success of the A3 business as compared to budget. This role is highly visible and part of a growing business within HP Inc.
Provide critical leadership, guidance and financial analytics to the A3 Printing Solutions (A3) Business Unit and its leadership staff. A3 is established as a separate Business Unit within the Office Printing Solutions (OPS) Organization. Primary focus is on the performance and financial success of the A3 business as compared to budget. Perform financial modelling and analysis of new business ventures and mega deals that have a global impact.
This will frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods and work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. This role is highly visible and part of a growing business within HP Inc.
This position will prepare financial cases from their comprehensive understanding of the product, markets, profit pools, customer purchase behavior and available solutions. Works cross-functionally and regionally with the R&D, Marketing, Business Management, Operations and Regions business team, as well as the OPS Finance team to present their analysis and findings. Candidates must have a winning attitude and apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and be regarded as a subject matter expert. Exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to the A3 Business Unit management and each of the business unit General Managers and CFOs for decision support and business planning.
- Develop various profitability reports by business, region, and product segment and aid in using these reports to drive improvements in the business. These reports are done on a monthly and quarterly basis to closely monitor the business results.
- Compare revenue and margin actual performance to budget, prior year, and forecast for multiple business areas.
- Develop forecasting models using market indices, historical trends and other methods.
- Fully participate in budgeting and forecasting processes. Use your strong business drive along with the ability and initiative to identify and develop analytical tools for various areas of the business.
- Prepare ROI of various financial scenarios of new business models to develop and sell products
- Support the mega deal process by providing input on cost structure and strategic initiatives
- Weekly reviews with the region and sales operation teams to assess the A3 financial position, determining key levers to help achieve the quarterly forecast.
- Maintain strong working relationship with the region finance teams in analyzing current financial position, customer and sales trends, big deals, discounts, backlog and pipeline.
- Drive improvements in the financial and reporting processes, and the quality of information provided to the business.
- Strong communication skills are a must as this role will work with various levels of management, both in finance and the business, and must be able to clearly relay results of analytical projects as well as monthly and quarterly results.
- Skills required include strong excel, access, and PowerPoint knowledge with the aptitude to extract information from the existing business systems.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst preferred.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
Back to top