Senior Architect and Development Lead
At the new HP Inc., we are a $50 billion startup where our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere — every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us — inspires us — to do what we do. To make what we make. To invent, and to reinvent.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced software architect who is interested in reshaping how people think about and interact with PCs. You will be joining HP's Personal Systems group to help deliver world class software to HP's 10s of millions of Consumer and Commercial PC and Tablet customers. The candidate will join the team developing client applications that interact with a variety of cloud services to deliver customized and personalized experiences.
This position is located in Palo Alto, California or Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Define and document the software and data architecture of new software experiences, ensure architectural integrity is maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
- Working with teams of talented software engineers, provide technical leadership and consulting to help ensure the right technical choices are made.
- Analyze design and determine coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Build automated unit tests along with development.
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate their product requirements into your application architecture and designs.
- Work closely with Experience Designers and Quality Assurance engineers to implement the highest quality, compelling and engaging experiences for our customers world-wide.
- Provide technical consulting to the Innovation Engineering team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 15 years' experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- In depth knowledge of PC and Windows architecture. Ability to dive deep into Windows system internals at filesystem, networking, and startup systems.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering complex software architectures.
- Experience with various cloud technologies such as AWS, cloud databases and tools.
- Demonstrated leadership leading technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to executives, technical teams, product teams.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated creation of intellectual property through patents, technical papers, etc.
- Eager to learn new technologies with can-do attitude.
Desired Experience :
- Knowledge of big data analytics and data collection technologies.
- Experience developing Windows Store, iOS/Objective-C or Android/Java applications.
- Experience developing clients that extensively engage RESTful web services.
- Experience developing applications that support multiple languages and countries.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQLite on mobile devices.
- Experience using SCRUM methodology for building applications.
- Experience in all phases of a software development life-cycle from requirements gathering through end-of-life.
- Experience developing products that adapt efficiently to evolving requirements
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top