Security Systems PM
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
Our Supplies organization is a key partner and we are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
We are seeking an experienced project manager to join our Applications Team to own and drive successful delivery of anti-counterfeiting applications.
- Develops and directs development of schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for the anti-counterfeiting program.
- Responsible for establishing detailed project scope and schedule with tech lead, developers' management and stakeholders.
- Maintain project progress status and visibility via working meetings and reports.
- Actively manage risks, issues, and escalations in partnership with the developers and business.
- Ability to organize self and others including effective scheduling, prioritization and time management skills, completing tasks to tight deadlines. Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude
- Review the project schedule with management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence and negotiate with senior leadership
- Define and manage a project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Defines software release plan and scope with tech lead / development team
- Discuss with the stakeholders specific business needs regarding proposed changes and new features
- Document the business requirements; get sign-off from the business area if required on the requirements documentation
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- PMP/PMI certification (preferred).
- 6+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-discipline teams. (minimum)
- Agile Scrum Master (preferred).
- Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
- Experience working with developers, technical architects, product owners
- Experience with Agile development and use of product backlog for prioritization, tracking user stories, sprint planning, scrum meetings, sprint review etc
- Leadership skills with a proven track record of developing high performing project teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding and practice of modern software development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of Requirements Management
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top