Security Systems Master
Seeking an experienced systems technologist with exceptional knowledge of hardware-based crypto solutions. Candidate will manage systems strategy, program scope, schedule, resources, business deliverables on behalf of the overall security program working with key security technologists both internal and external to HP. Responsible for delivering secure infrastructure and systems programmes enabling the security and supplies authentication roadmap across Ink, 3D, OPS and GSB.
- Work with external partners in technical capacity to evaluate and/or define hardware-based crypto solutions, with special regard to HSM technologies.
- Consult with internal partners in a technical capacity on proposals for new security features, or systems enhancements, and to understand impacts on implementation from a systems perspective as early as possible in the development lifecycle.
- Ability to understand and keep current on an ever-changing business technology domain.
- Deep level expertise all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, from scoping and requirements analysis through to construction and support.
- Continual research of and introduction of new technologies to technical team where there is tangible and measureable benefit to aid in productivity and solution quality.
- Oversee solution quality, from unit-testing coverage to proprietary simulations coverage, including the ongoing development of new simulations.
- Deep level understanding of software related security issues, and defining the strategy and implementation for measures to reduce risk, but at the same time not constraining the business unduly.
- Guidance on programming paradigms and practices for the project team(s).
- Specification and/or development of prototypes to determine efficacy of potential security solutions.
- Work in a dynamic environment subject to constant changes, being able to balance long lead time complex deliverables with ad-hoc short term operational requirements
- Developing, communicating and executing on 2-3 yr roadmap, and ensuring constant alignment with business stakeholders.
- Good communication skills, and effective articulation of complex subject matter to all levels of management.
- Deep knowledge on Java 1.8, Groovy, Gradle, SSL/TLS, PKI, X509 certificates, AES encryption modes and general security mechanism and protocols; experience desirable with Docker, Spock, GEB, Angular JS, Git, Subversion, GitLab, TeamCity, IntelliJ IDEA.
- Although production software development is not necessarily a requirement, it is imperative that a excellent and current understanding of the code base is fostered to allow for relevant and accurate responses to business requests.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Advanced university degree essential. A postgraduate qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
- Typically 10+ years of related work experience,
- Excellent leadership skills, and management with demonstrated ability to lead global teams.
- Ability to influence across and up/down in a highly matrixed organization.
- Balances strategic thinking with tactical action to drive results.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Excellent problem solving skills and effective collaboration.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting Strong understanding of HP's policies and processes
- Collaborates across functions to deliver effective program management solutions.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors, and VPs and SVPs for internal and external suppliers, partners, and customers.
- A proven ability to articulate concepts and ideas to senior management and obtain the necessary sponsorship and funding to execute them.
- A demonstrated track record to execute large and complex business initiatives that culminate in meaningful business results.
- Understands technology and business trends and how they impact on the printing business.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top