Security Systems Developer
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
Our Supplies organization is a key partner and we are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
We are seeking a Java Developer to join our Applications Team to own and drive successful delivery of anti-counterfeiting applications. Working as part of a team in a project environment you will develop solutions and execute projects delivering overall application and system integration solutions.
- Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned application, identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements
- Participates as a member of project team of software applications engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications
- Collaborates and communicates with internal partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- 4 or more years of experience writing Java code, development experience using Java1.7/1.8, Groovy
- Experience with full software development life-cycle, preferably Agile and/or iterative methods
- Strong Object Oriented & Analysis Skills
- Web protocols & Security (SSL, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Experience requirements analysis, definition and implementation of software solutions
- XML technologies, JSON
- Application development frameworks
- Experience working with tools such as Intellij, Gradle,
- Experience working with CI systems such as Teamcity and revision controls systems such as GitLab and Subversion
- Data Access Technologies
- SQL server experience including writing SQL scripts for querying and inserting/updating data
- Linux/Unix and good TCPIP based networking knowledge.
- Familiarity with UNIX shell scripting
- Understanding and practice of modern software development methodologies
- Understanding and practice of modern software development lifecycle tools.
- Understanding of Software Test methodologies, and testing tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Encryption technologies -desired
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top