Security & Network Printing Specialist
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
We are looking for a high-level Security and Network Printing Specialist to engage with HP Channel partners and Customer Service (CS) delivery teams on technical support issues with printing and digital sending products in the enterprise printing space. The scope of the engagement includes technical elevation management and technical knowledge management for current and new product introductions in the area of Enterprise Network Printing.
Technical Support role
- Prompt response to Printing partners' complex technical issues, both remote and on-site.
- Take ownership of our customers' Printing technical support issues when requested by the Contact Centers (CC), Customer Relationship Team (CRT), Business Escalation Team (BES), CS Management, business partners etc.
- Contribution to business retention and growth by providing any necessary technical support, which may go beyond post-sales support boundaries.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for Partners by collaborating with other internal functions and Global Business Units (GBU) when necessary.
Technical readiness role
- Scheduled regular account visits to discuss partner needs, being the focal point for collecting, documenting and sharing product technical knowledge (issues, solutions etc.) and acting as a trusted advisor.
- Identification of training needs and delivery/management of training events - for both NPIs and current products.
- Ensure technical readiness of support partners who deliver support services for HP products - Channel, MPS, Direct Business.
- Collaborate with product division, global support teams, field operations and other stakeholders to continuously improve the customer product experience.
- Analyze operational data to identify issues, define root causes, propose solutions and develop corrective action plans, engaging relevant HP resources, as required, and with a focus on issue prevention.
Specific Technical skills requirement
- Familiar with printing and digital sending products in the enterprise printing space.
- Good background in Printing Languages, Network Printing protocols and related technologies: PCL, PS, PJL, LPD, 9100, IPP, ePrint, Cloud Printing.
- Experience with Digital Sending standards and tools: SMPT(S), FTP(S), LDAP(S), LAN/Internet FAX, WebScan.
- Certified Windows Systems administrator or equivalent experience with solid base of Microsoft Active Directory LDAP and Exchange Server. Experience with Microsoft SQL.
- Notion and interest in Fleet Management, managed Print Services, and related software such as HP WebJetAdmin, HP Digital Sending Software, deployment tools.
- Education or equivalent experience with network protocols and standards: TCP/IP - IPv4/6 - SNMPv1/2/3 - HTTP.
- Familiar with Security concepts for the Enterprise Network, product firmware and storage media.
- Understanding of Security Protocols and Standards within a PKI infrastructure, such as 802.1X, IPSec, SSL/TLS, RADIUS, Certificates Management, Authentication and Encryption techniques.
- Knowledge in Scripting/Programming, Powershell, XML, and Cloud/Web Services welcome.
- Technical university degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Extensive technical support experience and excellent customer facing skills.
- Advanced leadership as well as problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under remote supervision.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to work outside of office hours (includes on-call duty).
- Fluent in English, additional languages would be considered an advantage.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top