Security & Network Printing Specialist
Today's IT threats strike businesses from many places and from all angles. Security must cover every entry point with multiple layers of protection. To stay competitive, businesses need security solutions that are simple to deploy, manage, and customize, while also easy for employees to use.
HP security solutions work with HP printers to provide unmatched, automated print security to help protect customer networks and reduce the time and effort they need to spend securing it.
HP EMEA Customer Support is responsible for all aspects of the customer support experience delivered to EMEA customers and support partners. The aim is to provide a high quality, differentiated support experience that is highly valued by our customers and contributes significantly to customer retention and overall business growth, whilst delivering to CS cost structure objectives.
HP Customer Support EMEA is tasked with ensuring that the support offering matches the regional competitive landscape, deployment of the support offering, growth of the services business and management of end-to-end support delivery performance.
As part of the HP Customer Support, the Advanced Technical Support (ATS) teams provide on-site and remote expert level technical support to customers, repair partners (direct and indirect) and other delivery organizations.
The focus of the Advanced Technical Support (ATS) Engineer – Network printing specialist is to engage with HP Channel partners and CS delivery teams on technical support issues with printing and digital sending products in the enterprise printing space. The scope of the engagement includes technical elevation management and technical knowledge management for current and new product introductions in the area of Enterprise Network Printing.
You will develop a close relationship with your designated Partner(s), working with one (or more) of their designated senior engineers. This will involve assessing, prioritizing and delivering the required support directly or engaging appropriate additional resources to address those needs. In addition, you will develop a close partnership with WW & in-country resources
Technical Support role:
- Rapid response for Printing partners complex technical issues, both remote and on-site.
- Take ownership of our customers' Printing technical support issues when requested by the Contact Centers (CC), Customer Relationship Team (CRT), Business Escalation Team (BES), CS Management, business partners etc.
- Contribution to business retention and growth by providing any necessary technical support, which may go beyond post-sales support boundaries.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for Partners by collaborating with other internal functions and GBUs when necessary
Technical readiness role:
- Regular scheduled account visits to discuss partner needs, being the focal point for collecting, documenting and sharing product technical knowledge (issues, solutions etc.) and acting as a trusted advisor.
- Identification of training needs and delivery/management of training events – this for both NPIs and current products.
- Contribute to ensure the technical readiness of support partners who deliver support services for HP products – Channel, MPS, Direct Business.
- Collaborate with product division, global support teams, field operations and other stakeholders to continuously improve the customer product experience.
- Analyze operational data to identify issues, define root causes, propose solutions and develop corrective action plans, engaging relevant HP resources, as required, and with a focus on issue prevention.
- Meet agreed Service Level Agreements with ATS customers and partners
- Customer & Partner feedback
ATS core values
- We are driven by integrity, trust and respect towards our customers and colleagues.
- We take ownership of our customers' problems and work through to completion every single time
- Work through completion in our environment can only be achieved by exercising teamwork
- We work as a high performing collaborative team!
Your objectives will only be achieved through flexibility, dependability, collaboration and strong teamwork.
- Technical university degree or equivalent education or experience.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Excellent team worker.
- Leadership skills
- Advanced problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under remote supervision
- 10 years technical support experience.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Flexibility to work outside of office hours (includes on-call duty).
- Fluent in English + one additional language
- Basic project management skills
Specific Technical skills requirement
- Familiar with printing and digital sending products in the enterprise printing space.
- Good background in Printing Languages, Network Printing protocols and related technologies: PCL, PS, PJL, LPD, 9100, IPP, ePrint, Cloud Printing.
- Experience with Digital Sending standards and tools: SMPT(S), FTP(S), LDAP(S), LAN/Internet FAX, WebScan.
- Certified Windows Systems administrator or equivalent experience with solid base of Microsoft Active Directory LDAP and Exchange Server. Experience with Microsoft SQL.
- Notion and interest in Fleet Management, managed Print Services, and related software such as HP WebJetAdmin, HP Digital Sending Software, deployment tools.
- Education or equivalent experience with network protocols and standards: TCP/IP – IPv4/6 - SNMPv1/2/3 – HTTP -
- Familiar with Security concepts for the Enterprise Network, product firmware and storage media.
- Understanding of Security Protocols and Standards within a PKI infrastructure, such as 802.1X, IPSec, SSL/TLS, RADIUS, Certificates Management, Authentication and Encryption techniques.
- Knowledge in Scripting/Programming, Powershell, XML, and Cloud/Web Services welcome.
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future's yours to create!
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top