Second Level Support Engineer
- Escalation management- The primary duty of 2LS shall be to provide elevated technical expertise on customer in-warranty issues that are not readily resolvable by the frontline agents.
- Responsible for diagnostics, analysis, capture of units, thorough documentation, highly developed communication and soft skills, as well as possible elevation to third level resources.
- Performance will be judged by hard metrics of fast response time to assignment of a case, closing the issue with sufficient customer satisfaction in the shortest amount of time, and keeping the customer informed and delighted through the entire process.
- Large Account and Executive Escalations – Occasionally, engineers will have to deal with very large or high visibility customers that may be presented out of process or have direct executive involvement due to the high profile nature of the customer or the amount of current and future business at stake. These types of escalations may require directed and focused issue resolution teams and regular meeting cadences to achieve satisfactory closure and prevent spread of class issues across families of products.
- Escalations require the typical troubleshooting steps involved with an elevation along with standard meeting cadences, agendas, communicated meeting notes and executive formatted updates at every level, engagement with a wide array of peer groups (SMEs, 3LS, frontline, CE, CSM, sales/presales, account managers, ODM and OSSP partners, channel partners, etc), and verified application, documentation, and distribution of discovered/engineered workarounds, resolutions, and guides.
- Travel may be required up to 25%
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer- relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission-critical). .
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Evaluate unique or complex installations or configurations and make recommendations for resolution.
- Articulate clearly in writing and verbally. Add case resolution to KMS.
- Represent HP in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
- Engages team members for support as required to ensure internal or external business and end users/clients SLA demands are met.
- Develop partnership with and assist the Sales Pursuit team.
Education and Experience Required:
- ·Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3+ to 5 years of Technical Support experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported.
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices.
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience and knowledge .
- Understand the customer to be an advocate for the customer.
- Some project management skillset is preferred.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top