SAP APO/IBP Developer
HP is a fortune 100 company, a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
WHAT WE DO?
At HP, the Products and Service Operations (PSO) IT organization creates competitive advantage for the HP businesses by reengineering and integrating end-to-end order management and supply chain planning systems by implementing industry best IT solutions on SAP platforms.
Our business model is very complex, therefore our SAP solutions are highly customized and complex. As a member of this global IT team, you will work in a highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid work environment.
WHAT IS YOUR ROLE?
As a SAP developer you will work on various international projects and contribute both technical and business knowledge expertise to drive the analysis, design, development and implementation of integrated IT/business solutions.
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and contribute to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Cooperate with other PSO IT project members who work from multiple locations and time zones (US, Europe and Asia) as well as provide mentoring and guidance to lower level members within the team.
- Work in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiatives and accountability are highly valued.
- Oversee the work of outside consultants within the team.
Within the project you will follow a modification of the traditional project waterfall methodology combined with an agile methodology:
- Communicate with business partners to gather Business requirements, analyze the requirements and perform gap analysis.
- Prepare functional and technical design specifications (including any specifications for custom development) coordinating with IT architects to ensure your design meets the architecture principles.
- Provide applications development and enhancement functions.
- Develop test scenarios and perform unit, string, integration, and regression testing in support of new implementations and releases.
- Drive successful implementation and warranty of the SAP solution.
- Participate in ongoing support activities including the implementation of System Upgrades (install SAP supplied updates / OSS notes) as well as seeking continuous improvement opportunities, both in IT and Business processes.
You are not a typical functional SAP consultant, as you are a lot more technically capable. You are able to work on a highly customized SAP environment.
- Expert functional knowledge in Supply Chain business concepts and capabilities.
- Development for multiple SAP APO (SNP, GATP, DP) implementations with competency including:
- Programs, function modules, user exits
- Technical solutions for conversions, interfaces, enhancements, reports, forms and workflows using BDCs, call transactions, user exits, bolt-ons, standard data transfer, dialog programming, SAP Script, etc
- Object transports using SAP's ABAP/4 Development Workbench.
- Working knowledge of other SAP modules which interact with the APO modules (BW, R/3 MM, PP, or SD modules)
- Basic understanding of IBP for Supply/Response and IBP for Demand.
- Strong Business analysis and problem solving skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE / PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- 4-5 years of SAP IBP or SAP APO development experience
- Proficient English language skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player and be self-motivated to work independently in a geographically dispersed, multi-cultural team
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top