Sales Specialist - Managed Print Services - Public Sector
HP is expanding its Managed Print Services (MPS) sales coverage in the Public Sector team, and is seeking experienced successful sales people to drive this initiative. This role is an exciting opportunity for quality Managed Print Services sales people to join the HP end user sales business. The focus of the role will be winning new Direct and Partner sales MPS customers, leveraging the expanding HP product and services portfolio. Candidates must have a track record of consistent success in end user MPS sales and the drive to win new business. HP is a market leading global MPS provider with the broadest portfolio and class leading solutions and services capability.
- Responsible for creating and driving their sales pipeline. Capture leads outside of specialization and use closed-loop lead management to ensure assignment and follow- up by others.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's products and services better.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Provide support to Account managers and provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
- Development of quota objectives and future direction for defined product category.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- May invest time working with and leveraging external partners to deliver sale.
- Directs or coordinates supporting sales activities.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree and directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
- Advanced sales experience in the desired specialty.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how HP's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities.
- Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
- Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position HP as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
- Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving speciality sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings.
- Understands how to leverage HP's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
- Utilizes SFDC as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Understands and sells high value software solutions.
- Understands selling of services sales.
- Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
- Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top