Sales Specialist for software solutions
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work.
We are looking for a Sales Specialist to drive go-to-market for HP's JetAdvantage on Demand (JAoD) SaaS platform across EMEA (Europe-Middle East-Africa). It's all about new go-to-market models for Print Solutions delivered out of the Cloud (Saas).
Your tasks in detail:
- Close interaction with Channel-partners & -organization to build win-win setup.
- Engage with iMPS organization to interwove JAoD solutions in overall iMPS value proposition.
- Responsible for creating and driving JAoD sales pipeline in primary markets.
- Capture leads outside of specialization and use closed-loop lead management to ensure assignment and follow-up by others.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in SaaS market and guide WW Product Management on further development needs to satisfy EMEA customer expectations.
- Provide support to Account managers and provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for SMB accounts, by developing a core understanding how cloud-based services can support their business needs.
- Invest significant time working with and leveraging external partners to deliver sale.
- Solid & proven understanding of driving forces in HP's channel- & distribution-business.
- Experience in Software- or SaaS-sales is a strong plus.
Scope and Impact
- Works with Channel & Distribution to drive SaaS business via HP partners into SMB customer base.
- Business development tasks will be critical in FY17, especially during rollout of the new solutions. Perform project management role.
- Close interaction with worldwide JA Solutions team.
- Invest time for enabling external partners.
- Significant percentage of time spent directly with partners; interfaces with all levels, including highest within partner organization.
- May develop business plan in conjunction with customer.
- Significant travel across EMEA, with focus on Western Europe (UK, GY & Nordics) in 1H17.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- Directly related previous work experience around SW- and/or SaaS-sales.
- In depth experience with HP's Channel- & Distribution-Business.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
- Typically 8-12 years of advanced sales experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to promote and sell SaaS solutions.
- Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
- Understands the role of IT within Print Solutions and how HP's SaaS solutions differentially address specific industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities
- Ability to collaborate with management (country, EMEA & WW) and sales teams (country & EMEA) in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of SaaS sales with other sales activities (e.g. iMPS)
- Ability to cultivates & maintains positive relationships with channel partners to ensure account retention & growth, and position company as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
- Demonstrates high service or solutions knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
- Understands how to leverage company's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
- Utilizes Salesforce (CRM) as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
- Fluent in German and English language, additional languages are a plus.
What do we offer?
Due to extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, HP is one of the world´s most attractive employer. We make equal opportunities, the achievement of work-life balance and constantly career options our goals.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely have to get to know each other.
As a standard part of our hiring process we conduct candidate screenings including CV and education checks.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top