Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, and we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
HP are currently recruiting for a Services Sales Manager based in the UK to work closely with a large number of accounts, driving HP growth in partnership with them. The Services and Solutions business is a fundamental key growth area for HP and a vital ingredient in the future direction of the overall business on both a global and local level.
Working as part of the EMEA team, the ideal applicant should be capable of building close relationships within these accounts and act as an informed team member to provide analysis, information and project direction to enhance sales of the HP Services & Solutions portfolio - evaluating circumstances and making recommendations in order to increase workplace efficiency for our customers.
- Identify prospects within accounts to discover or cultivate solutions sales opportunities within area of technical specialty (in close cooperation with the HW account management team).
- Manage and contribute to the sales pipeline by generating leads, referrals and new customer opportunities within the specialty area.
- Formulate and expand solutions to generate additional product or service attachments and up sell revenue.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to IT management level, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Focus on growing contractual renewals for small-to-mid size accounts with limited complexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals.
- Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer by facilitating solutions development.
Education and Experience Required:
- Proven experience in specialty sales, specifically selling IT hardware or services.
- Experience working closely with distributors and resellers.
- Detailed knowledge of key customer types on given products.
- Proven track record of successfully driving sales and hitting targets.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In depth knowledge about product, service, solution and differentiators between own offerings and what competitor's offerings.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/ solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
- Use knowledge in specialty, and consultative selling skills, to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
- Assesses solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine "qualify-in"/"qualify-out" status
- Solid communication and presentation skills within IT at the manager level.
- Product demonstration, customer training, product installation skills. (for product specialty roles)
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - product, service, solution -- from proposal to contract sign- off.
- Have enough knowledge about a product, service or solution to be able to qualify a deal.
- Negotiation of profitable deals so that HP can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue.
- Opportunity prospecting as related to specialty area and in expanding existing client business, in order to generate leads/referrals to account team.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends.
This role requires the applicant to travel and will involve managing accounts across the UK, so the ideal applicant should be prepared and happy to travel on a weekly basis to secure and nurture strong business relationships within the selected account base.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top