Sales Operations Manager
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established HP operational policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors. Has accountability for deployment and successful results of major HP transformational programs in terms of cost, direction and people management in Russia. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of the team. Recruits and supports development of direct team members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls operational activities within a single country (Russia) which is part of a larger geographical Sub-Region CEMA (Central Europe, Middle East and Africa).
- Manages at least 8 employees.
- Manages a single team of individual contributors across multiple job families within the sales operations function that typically support tactical or operational activities located in our Moscow office
- Oversees the appropriate use of HP customer, partner and sales data for customer and business decisions.
- Manages and ensures that all operational activities in support of the customer/partner/salesforce are addressed, escalated or resolved within the local legal compliance and HP policy requirements.
- Manages the execution of operational processes across a complete sales cycle to meet service level objectives and targets.
- Provides management direction and support to operational performance reviews with senior customers/partners, and manages the execution of agreed improvement plans.
- Provides process consulting expertise to project and account teams in developing customer solutions, and provides feedback on the development/improvement of processes and capabilities.
- Controls a contained budget, with responsibilities for items such as salary increases, bonus payments within guidelines, and travel budget.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes and that the employees leverage from all available HP learning and development tools
- Provides guidance on procedures to support overall sales operations policies and goals.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 8+ years of experience in a business related function, preferably sales, finance, operations, customer service or similar.
- Typically 0-2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, includes verbal, written and presentation forms. Mastery in Russian and English is required.
- Strong business acumen, General IT industry knowledge.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills, including goal-setting, conflict resolution, performance management, budget planning, problem solving, evaluation and employee engagement
- Ability to measure and manage team performance.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills internally and externally.
- Ability to build partnerships across different HP organizations.
- Ability to forecast and lead the team on budget.
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top