Sales Manager - Public Sector
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
We currently have one of the greatest system portfolios on the market, and rank Number 1 in the Commercial and Consumer market and Public sector. In our UK & Ireland Enterprise Solutions division we have a Public Sector Sales Manager vacancy. Leading a team of just under 20, you will be responsible for the Personal Systems Hardware sales in the UK&I within the Public Sector which includes driving Commercial PCs, Works station, Thin Client, Mobility and associated Services & Solutions including DaaS.
- Strong sales leader, you lead by example – very entrepreneurial and acquisition focused.
- Strong business acumen and a forensic approach to business management.
- Competitive by nature – winning attitude.
- It's in your nature to be out of the office visiting clients supporting your team in the field, you are used to travelling 70% plus.
- You understand the value of the channel as a key asset where strong relationships must be developed.
- You always stay ahead of the game by acquiring in-depth product knowledge, solutions and services, both HP's and the competition.
Key responsibilities:Sales and Business
- Orchestrate the development of strategic sales plans that reflect HP's business strategy to advance market share/penetration, drive sales activities and achieve profitable growth.
- Build, monitor and develop sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities.
- Use competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
- Focus on the overall HP Inc strategic direction and portfolio.
- Assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs.
- C-level partnering, establish professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives.
- Stay current with industry, competitive research and information to enable rich client dialogue. And maintain an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets to position and map HP capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- Leading a team of sales and inside sales throughout UK & Ireland you will assesses and manage their performance to ensure individual and group excellence; build activities to increase productivity and accomplishments.
- Strategize and coach the team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for HP.
- Counsel and support individuals through selling challenges; manage the performance and results of both high and low performers.
Experience and skills:Sales and Business
- Experienced in translating business goals into actionable plans and metrics.
- Successfully achieved progressively high quota or other sales related goals.
- Actively managed business plans to meet revenue goals/quotes.
- Tracked and managed rolling forecasts and budgets to ensure timely and accurate roll-ups.
- Built monitored and orchestrated sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long-term opportunities.
- Experienced in balancing quick wins against longer sales-cycle opportunities to ensure both immediate wins and long-term profitability for HP.
- Proven experience managing the top- and bottom-line. Monitored discounts and margins involved in individual deals to align them with group performance.
- Actively drove key enterprise and strategic account activities - promoted vision and models.
- Experienced in developing and nurturing solid relationships, including enduring Executive relationships.
- Proven experience in selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that HP products and services accurately address the customer/client's true business need in terms of type, scope, level (Solution Selling).
- Has assessed and managed employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence.
- Actively monitored, identified and addressed sales and resource capability gaps, employee retention, effective succession planning, and optimum implementation of workforce re- alignment models.
- Assessed teams for strengths/challenges and ensures that the team capitalizes on individual strengths, while compensating for individual challenges.
- Able to influence without direct authority.
- Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative.
- University/Bachelor's degree or equivalent education or experience
- Extensive hands on experience in sales.
- Ideally practical knowledge in Public sector.
- Continuous sales training
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Company laptop and mobile
- Car/car allowance
- Range of discounts for high street shops
Note: As this role is mainly out in the field (approximately 70% of your time), we are flexible where you are based. In the UK we have sites in; Erskine, Bristol, Bracknell and London.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top