Research and Development Technician
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
- R&D Technicians are responsible for creating, developing, and documenting process, technology, and tooling solutions including modifying detailed documentation and drawings from sketches, layouts, or notes provided by engineering. They work with engineers to ensure the accuracy of models and proposed requests and solutions that meet design standards, coordinating design criteria with various groups as necessary to ensure successful execution of assignments. They are expected to contribute design modifications to facilitate continuous improvement of technology, process, tools, and products as well as support and sustain existing processes and tooling.Support R&D and Manufacturing by performing development tasks and analysis of components and materials in the characterization of material properties or to determine probable causes of failure.
This support includes but is not limited to:
- Operating equipment to run experiments or production and collect data pertinent to process development
- Ensuring all lab processes and equipment meet safety and ergonomic guidelines, tasks are completed and documented efficiently and on time according to partner priorities
- Tool curator responsibilities are met to ensure tools produce reliable results that meet established quality standards, a collaborative work environment is maintained
- Communications and interactions with partners occurs frequently to ensure accuracy of results and information, and knowledge and experience is used to drive continuous improvement.
May perform repair and maintenance associated with manufacturing and R&D equipment. Troubleshoot problems in non-functioning equipment. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and/or rough sketches or drawings. May perform equipment modification as directed by test/manufacturing engineers.
May design and build custom solutions to meet program needs.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically an Associate's degree or equivalent experience and 1-5 years of experience and/or related military training and experience
- May include highly experienced individuals performing equivalent work who are non-degreed or degreed in an unrelated field.
Knowledge and Skills:
Advanced knowledge of the field of electro mechanical technology and software.
Back to top