Remote Support Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Remote Support Engineers (RSE's) are part of the Global Care Center organization, responsible for remotely resolving the problems of our customers and if needed, identifying the parts needed to fix the problems and, as necessary, dispatch an FSE to repair the product on site. Providing quick and effective remote resolutions to our customers, results in a high-quality customer experience and optimizes productivity of our customer presses. The RSE works on a virtual ecosystem with our Field Support engineers ensuring that the right solution is delivered at the right time for our customers. The RSE typically engages with our customers over remote tools (telephone, email and virtual tools) and follows up until customer issue resolution. Efficiency and effectiveness of the solutions provided by the RSE are key to accomplish our organization goals on TCE and Cost.
RSE should be as well proactively assist end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence as needed, participate in projects to drive timely results and high quality; successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming external clients, including direct customer contact and proactive notification systems. He/she should be able to partner extensively with Account Service Managers and other key stakeholders to improve customer experience and with the ability to manage multiple tasks as needed to respond quickly to business needs
- RSE primary focus is to remotely resolve hardware (HW) and software (SW) application problems for customers, including product calibrations, adjustments, and SW upgrades.
- If the Customer issue cannot be fixed remotely, the RSE will trigger on site interaction (Parts and/or Field support engineer dispatch), Right tech diagnosis and parts identification are key process to ensure proper handover to the field engineer.
- Keep customer informed of the status of their case, elevating their issue as needed within the Care Center, and manage the interactions with customers to maximize the Total Customer Experience (TCE). Elevates case requires follow up of RSE to case closure.
- Reporting and excellent tracking of customers interactions in our systems to ensure proper documentation for hand over to field, product/case history and to ensure proper case closure, reporting and feedback loop activities. Prepare FSE prior to the visit, updating case notes and systems with all troubleshooting steps performed.
- The RSE as well plays a role on consultancy with our customers on parts info, and specs of the product.
- The RSE has a set of customers assigned as primary accounts, duty is to build ecosystem with customer and primary field engineer, generating customer relationship/intimacy, which should speed up break and fix issues, consultancy inquiries and will focus on optimization of presses by supporting customer on educational programs and maintenance routines. RSE will plan, agree and schedule on site customer visits, to further enhance customer relationship.
Education and Experience Required:
- Mechanical/electrical engineering
- Graphic business experience. Industry printing.
- Technical writing skills
- Analytical and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Solid understanding and experience of Customer Service business
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Command of English and Italian (additional languages are as well welcomed). Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate remotely with customers and to promote virtual tools.
- Superior customer service skills. Experience in remote troubleshooting in a technical environment. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to solve and document solutions for customers in complex situations. Ability to contribute to technical action plans.
- Overall understanding of contribution of role into organizational priorities (Operational Excellence, Diagnosis accuracy, RER, TCE....), able to correlate day to day activity into those organizational priorities.
- Works across functions and promotes teamwork and focus on generating E2E activity leading to the right customer solution.
- Masters tech knowledge on GSS products and technologies and has the ability to transmit that knowledge to our customers. Constant development of tech skills (on work, on training and at customer site).
Back to top