Regional Operations Category Sales Manager A3 / Print Services
Today HP is a $50 billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. A proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies. Today, HP is the most recommended MPS provider and rated #1 in customer satisfaction.
HP is the worldwide undisputed printing leader with the largest printer market share of 39.9%* and our ultimate goal is to replicate this success in the MPS and A3 market. We have one of the best channel programs in the market, and while we are relatively new to MPS we are growing rapidly above the market and have an aggressive growth plan for our printing solution-led business - heavily developing the contractual business model and Route to Market (RTM) channels.
We have a complete product portfolio which includes our disruptive PageWide technology and we are also bringing an intuitive and predictive system to manage those devices to deliver the best serviceability experience in the industry. Furthermore, we are bringing cutting edge solutions to deliver real value to customers. The most compelling of those solutions is our security suite that addresses one of the greatest business threats to private and public sector customers today.
As a result of the development of our A3 Portfolio and our Contractual Business we offer the exciting opportunity for an Operations Category Manager for our A3 MFP business for the region General Western Europe (GWE which includes BeNeLux, Switzerland and Nordics).
The successful candidate will work within the local OPS Category Team and be accountable for:
Development and implementation of the A3 and Contractual Category business plans and product portfolios;
- Assessing customer trends and competitive landscape
- Soliciting input from direct and indirect sales teams, and from key account customers/partners to identify product strength, functional or positioning challenges
- Expertly integrating product launch initiatives and market campaigns to leverage active marketing programs
Product Life Cycle management; Pricing Advocacy - Forecasting & Reporting - Business Control;
- Provide, Review and Commit, on an on-going basis the business results in its various dimensions (revenue/margin/shipments/units)
- Optimize revenue, profit and new business creation, specifically in the areas of Market Analysis
- Drive the forecasting and business management aspects of the category linked to the new LSP model that requires additional country workload
- Work closely with GTM Teams on regular competitive price benchmarking and provide advocacy for same with EMEA Category and GBU Teams
Product Category development through Education, Communication; and Selling, working directly with all our GTM Teams and product/trade marketing organizations;
- Actively engage with and drive sales forces to ensure that short/midterm selling activities reflect product availability, and Go-To Market strategies,
- Collaborate closely with direct and indirect sales to identify and decide discounts, promotions, and deal pricing that keep products competitive in local markets and key
- accounts, in alignment with financial objective.
- Educate local sales force on products and key positioning messages to generate interest and gain mind-share.
- Provide Solutions Country Category in country, driving our Printing Security leadership
- Provide support for new selling motions (i.e PaaS) that will require additional Category support
- Full participation as part of the GWE Printing Category Team
What you bring to the job:
- University degree or equivalent
- Preferred international experience in Sales/Marketing or Finance
- Preferred prior working knowledge in a similar Regional Category Role
- Operational Market research - Understanding of Product Life Cycle challenges and levers to address.
- Understanding/Practice of sales processes in the IT industry, specifically Contractual Sales Motions, Managed Print, etc…..
- Business planning skills being multidimensional - Financial planning and modelling skills, business planning and reporting
- Strong communication skills, negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners senior management internally and externally
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Contractual Print industry knowledge. Sales skills and account management
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing)
- Fluency in English and other languages from the region are considered an asset.
About HP Inc.
Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere, every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us, inspires us, to do what we do. To make what we make. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze. We will not stop pushing ahead, because you will not stop pushing ahead. You are reinventing how you work. How you play. How you live. With our technology, you will reinvent your world.
This is our calling. This is a new HP. Keep reinventing.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today, we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
As a standard part of our hiring process we conduct candidate screenings including CV, education and criminal checks.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top