R&D System Engineer
HP Large Format Design Lab in Sant Cugat del Valles (Spain) has an opening in Writing Systems (WS) Engineer interested in pursuing a career in an international environment. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge Large Format printers. This is an excellent opportunity to design and invent future products and technology working within HP and external partners worldwide.
System Engineers play a key role in multi-discipline teams working on new products and solutions for printing and imaging. You will design, implement, test, and validate systems and components to deliver optimized image quality, throughput, and reliability for our printers.
The job content will include some of the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and optimize algorithms to deliver desired image quality, throughput, durability, and reliability.
- Design and run reliability tests to maximize print head performance and maintain image quality over the life of the printer
- System Integration
- Develop creative solutions to ink / media interaction issues
- Understand and develop solutions for system performance issues that affect customer perceived image quality.
- Develop the key print head control parameters which ensure image quality at maximum throughput.
- Set up and run prototype hardware to answer key feasibility questions.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other disciplines and strategic partners worldwide.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD. degree in Telecommunications Engineering or cross-disciplinary enginerring
- High level of analytical decision making and problem solving skills.
- Experience using programming languages e.g. Python, MATLAB, C++.
- Experience with multiple operating systems, e.g. Linux and Windows.
- Ability to focus on research and development of new products through new ideas generation and a balance between theoretical modeling and experimental data.
- Demonstrated understanding of product development and design of experiments, with a strong statistical approach, as utilized in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multi-site environment.
- Positive attitude in making things happen.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top