R&D Software Intern
HP Job Title: R&D Software Engineer - Intern Digital Front End (DFE)
Business Environment & Job Description:
The HP Inkjet Web Press is a new industrial printing solution built on HP Scalable Inkjet Printing Technology. We have revolutionized the digital web press industry by offering full-color, variable data printing at unprecedented speeds and paper widths. We are looking for highly motivated and talented software design engineers to join us in this growing opportunity for HP.
As part of the R&D team, you will be an integral part of the Software Product Life Cycle helping to realize HP's inkjet high speed printing solutions & strategy.
Responsibilities would include:
As an Intern / member of the Digital Front End (DFE) development team, this individual will share responsibility for software architecture, design, development test and release of DFE solutions for several Inkjet Web Press products. Responsibilities may also include technology investigation and recommendations, customer problem investigation and resolution and 3rd party software evaluation and integration. Occasional travel and participation to support the production operations or customer problem resolution during off-hours may be required.
We are building a dynamic, fast moving Agile based team! This individual will serve as an integral part of this effort actively participating in the growth and success of this team and our business ongoing.
- Requires working with a variety of disciplines and new technologies.
- Software development with particular focus/interest in agile software development of high-quality, complex software services & solutions.
- Ability to work with multiple software disciplines: software, firmware & device solutions.
- Innovation is critical to HP Inkjet Web Press Solution programs long term success! This position requires a demonstrated ability to foster & encourage new idea generation as an integral part of the software development lifecycle going forward.
This is an Internship opportunity. The successful candidate will be currently pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science.
People / Leadership Experience - Must Skills:
- Track record at making things happen (Initiative & bias for action). Solid understanding of software solutions/architecture, development approaches and latest design methodologies.
- Team player with a strong desire to learn
Domain Knowledge & Experience - Must Skills:
- Working towards Bachelor (undergraduate) or Masters (graduate) or Ph.D (post-graduate) in Computer Science. Ability to solve technical problems in a fast-paced product development environment.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Practical experience with Agile (or equivalent) software development lifecycles / programming best practices.
- Experience with Linux and Windows software development, package, test & release.
- Working knowledge of C++, Java, C, and Groovy development, test and release environments & languages.
- Exposure to software/firmware commercial print systems
- Solid written and oral communication - specifications, engineering plans, test plans, other.
- Team player, with a bias towards action.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated initiative in previous projects (at school or at work).
- Willingness to engage, learn, and generally make things happen.
Must be able to show a legal right to work in the US.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top