R&D Software Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The R&D department of the HP Large Format Printing division in Sant Cugat del Valles, is looking for an experienced computer scientist (or similar) to work as an R&D Software Engineer.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary and highly sophisticated team responsible for investigating, designing and delivering new Color and Imaging assets that are going to be used across all platforms of HP printing portfolio (Large Format printers, digital presses, 3D printers, and others).
The right candidate must be able to design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software for new products and solutions. More specifically, the right candidate must be proficient in software architecture and in implementation/evaluation of core technologies on color spaces, color gamut mapping, color reproduction/profiling, image processing and device characterization among others.
The right candidate must have strong skills in C++ and a good mathematical background in computational geometry to be able to identify and analyze a given problem, propose an algorithm for its solution, and implement it by using robust C++ coding.
- Designs enhancements, updates and develops changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compilers, utilities, databases, and web-based tools
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration of required activities based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of the product or the solution
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies, debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code integration into application architecture
- Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for assigned systems portions or subsystems
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other Engineering-related discipline
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience
Required knowledge and skills
- Expert in multiple software systems design tools and languages
- In-depth experience of programming languages C++ and Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of computational geometry
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types and in embedded software development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to make in-depth technical contributions while working with other engineers
- High level of initiative, with an ability to plan and manage tasks, ability to work collaboratively with a group of peers, both within and outside one's own group
- Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
Will be strongly appreciated
- Prior experience in Color Science or Image Processing related fields
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Alex J.Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top