R&D Mechanical Engineer
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
If you are our R&D Mechanical Engineer in Singapore, you will have a chance to
- Develop engineering specifications and requirements; develop solutions to achieve and exceed expectations of marketing and customer requirements.
- Work with ID and Ux (User experience) to conceptualize the design that meets program goals.
- Manage risks associated with the delivery of your project and maintain suitable backup options.
- System and part design.
- Test and verify your design to meet all functionality, reliability, serviceability, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the organization in maintaining system quality throughout the product lifecycle.
- Solving technically challenging and organizational complex issues.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any related field of study
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in case parts or mechanism design
- Preferred experience in All-in-One or Inkjet Printer products
- Expert in some or all of the following areas:
- Product design
- Case parts cosmetic treatments
- Worst casing analysis
- Failure mode effects analysis (FMEA)
- Design of Experiment
- Metrology concept (Cp/Cpk)
- Experience to conceptualize, implement and validate a system level design and solution
- Experience to verify performance through empirical testing as well as analytical models. Strong problem solving skills
- Expert in system integration for multiple product development cycles in an R&D environment
- Ability to work independently or on a team, with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top