R&D Large Format Textiles Specialist
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The HP Barcelona site hosts the HP Large Format Production printing business, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations.
The selected candidate will be working in the definition of LF Textiles play (main product characteristics, competitive awareness, portfolio differentiation, etc) based in Barcelona, in close collaboration with other teams across the broader LF business with focus in Textile market. This is an excellent opportunity to bring expertise to develop a new business as we define and invent the future of Textile printing technology working within HP and external partners worldwide.
Summary of job opening
This Textile R&D position will be responsible for in depth research and mapping of the Textiles portfolio. This includes the inks attributes (wash fastness, rub fastness, soft hand feel), the coatings (pre-treatments for all substrates) and material set (cotton, blends, silk, etc) and the post-printing processes for curing, washing, etc.
Textile printing business transformation to Digital (shorter runs, nearby supply chain, personalization) requires people who have strong growth mindset and can lead the course of the investigations within changing environments, bringing expertise and keeping track of technology advances in the industry. This Engineering position should support upcoming Textile products development, maximizing commonalities across programs and collaboration with the Ink development team in Corvallis / San Diego. S/He has to demonstrate strong cross organization collaboration skills and being able to 'Imagine the Future' to accordingly shape the development activity. Textile printing Industry and customer knowledge is needed, understanding how to drive customer's value proposition balancing core vs non-core Textile assets. Knowledge and/or experience in lean developments is another key skill.
Team management interactions
- Act as HP's role model for leadership principles and practices.
- Provide Textile experience and guidance to a team of highly qualified Engineers and outsourced services.
- Balance textile team efficiency based on core vs non-core activities.
- Mentor individuals to grow from own experience and market know-how.
Program dynamics and partnering
- Work in very close partnership with program managers, program integrators and chief engineers.
- Sponsor the broader team for collaboration across development sites in the Textiles arena, including knowledge sharing, common assets development, modelling, off cycle investigations....
- Lead the coordination with the LF Production Lab teams for new development plans, schedules and priorities.
- Identify major bottlenecks, discuss acceptable trade-offs and propose solutions satisfying customers' needs. Deep involvement in technical problems with hands-on activity.
- Develop local infrastructure for Textile testing and evaluation. Requirements for pre/post conditioning of textile materials for printing
Textiles Printing Business
- Experience in Textiles printing business model, financials, customers and market trends.
- Textiles LF printing development model, workflows & supply chain knowledge.
- Assess new product proposals to estimate feasibility, schedule and resources needed.
- Define, propose and lead development Textiles outsourcing strategies.
Education, skills and experience
- Experience in Textile End-to-End Solutions, customers, product development and technology state of the art
- Technical breath and system approach. Solid knowledge on Textile market, competition and industry trends
- Bachelor's (undergraduate), Master's (graduate) or Ph.D (post-graduate). Degree in Engineering/Science related discipline.
- Typically 5 or more years of experience in New Product Development functions with proven understanding of processes, roles and objectives across with demonstrated multi-disciplinary team leadership.
- Success in collaboration with partners and/or organizations
- Motivation, proactivity and game changer attitude
- Demonstrated effectiveness in process improvements
- Strong teambuilding skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good understanding of product qualification and end-to-end customer environments
- Ability to mentor and influence engineering teams to keep growing competences and job satisfaction
- Willing to relocate to Barcelona site main office
Back to top