R&D Integration Team Lead
Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical/electronic parts, components, sub-systems, algorithms, or integrated circuitry for electrical/electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Conducts feasibility studies, design margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Assists in architecture development and assessment. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Designs engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Leads a project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately-complex products.
- Represents the electrical hardware team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Multidisciplinary Engineer for Single Pass Press in Large Format Printing
We are looking for an experienced Mechatronics Engineer/Technician with a multi-disciplinary background. The position will be hosted in the R&D Productivity department of HP's Large Format Printing Business. The candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary and energetic development team located in Barcelona, working towards common and technically challenging objectives.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, modify and repair mechatronic of large format printer prototypes based on TIJ Technology. This includes fitting and assembling ME & EE parts and sub-assemblies, modifying and repairing them, and examining drawings or specifications and also SW development skills.
- Active communication across several sites for fast troubleshooting and maximum up time of the prototypes. Participate with engineers in the debugging and troubleshooting with ability to root cause faults to component level with understanding of electronics schematics, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Conceptualize and design upgrades. Propose improvements of the prototypes.
- Prepare test scripts to do specific tasks on printer prototypes, generate print files using printer drivers, RIPs and development tools. This includes diagnostic plots with required applications, and print required images.
- Perform and manage Test printing execution. Ch eck accuracy and quality of print s according to specifications. Identify test issues, perform first troubleshooting, and assist engineering in their resolution.
- Coordinate operators involved in installing, maintaining and testing printer prototypes.
- Maintain printer's logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, and tests.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 4-6 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Using electrical design tools and software packages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Education, Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics or equivalent experience in mechanical and electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Excellent knowledge of physics, digital systems, and circuit analysis.
- Experienced in FW (B&R), and multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, ), habitual user of MS office suite, and experience in programming languages (C, C++, TCL, Python..).
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship, teamwork, and planning/organization skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top