R&D Firmware Engineer
The HP Barcelona site is the worldwide headquarter for HP's Graphic Arts Business. It hosts the businesses of HP Large Format Printing and the newly created HP 3D printing, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for them. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology!
The selected candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team located in Barcelona but with strong collaborations with international locations. This is an excellent opportunity to define and invent future products and technology working within HP and external partners worldwide.
Generic Roles and responsibilities:
- Software developer: be a proficient software developer, capable of develop high quality, well-architected, good performance software.
- Teamwork: be an excellent team player
- Process oriented: understand, follow and improve software development processes including Product Life Cycle.
- Understanding of Requirement processes elicitation and typical software development processes and models.
- 2+ years of experience of product development or similar work on software quality.
- In-depth understanding of low-level real-time firmware development.
- In-depth understanding of modern operating systems, especially Linux.
- In-depth understanding of C++.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a group of peers.
- Demonstrated ability to make in-depth technical or business contributions working with other engineers.
- High level of initiative, with an ability to plan and manage tasks, ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Quality and process oriented, capable of manage automated testing infrastructure and plan for improvements in Quality Assurance and Quality Control areas.
Additional skills to be considered
- Experience in embedded software development.
- Experience in real time operating systems and tool chains.
- Experience in concurrent programming. Experience in multithreaded and/or multi-process systems, understanding usage of synchronization primitives, different communication paradigms, mutual exclusion, producer-consumer schemes, memory sharing, data communication and priority assignment.
- Experience in code debugging: usage of debuggers and (desirable) tracing tools, memory corruptions and leakage detection and correction, stack analysis.
- Knowledge of interchange formats such as PDF and typical CAD and Design applications such as Autocad or Adobe CS Suite.
- Experience in state machine design and implementation, event driven control, complex error detection and recovery, synchronization between multiple devices with multiple states.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- STL knowledge and usage.
- Experience with distributed control, communication protocols (i.e. RPCs, XDR, CORBA...
- TCL, Perl scripting languages.
- Experience with ARM & MIPS microprocessor architectures.
- Experience with real time operating systems such as VxWorks, ThreadX or Integrity RTOS.
- Experience in developing with ASICs or FPGA based devices.
- Knowledge or electrical and mechanical development processes.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top