R&D Energy Management Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP Barcelona site has the charter for the development of leading-edge 3D printers for a broad range of markets and needs worldwide. In this context, we look for a proactive, hands-on and technically solid student with genuine interest in technology and innovation. She/he will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team within the R&D department dedicated to thermal control and energy management in 3D printers. The position provides an exciting opportunity for an engineering student interested in starting his professional career in a high-tech, international environment, in an area full of exciting learning and innovation possibilities.
- Support to senior engineers on research and development of thermal control processes, algorithms, systems and other solutions for energy management and thermal control of 3D printers
- Design, execute and document tests for thermal management and/or other areas on printer development: test plans, design and development of scripts, test execution, data analysis and verification
- Setup, handling, calibration and operation of high-end instruments like thermo-cameras, thermistors, data logging devices, etc.
- Test data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting of results
- Development, empirical validation and retrofit of analytical models for energy/thermal analysis. Proficiency on computerized tools (e.g. Matlab, Maxima, Python, Excel, etc.), desirable CAE fundamentals (FEA, CFD, etc.)
- Programming of scripts for modelling, testing and support to printer development
- BSc (Grade) or Master student in Engineering or Science field like Telecommunications, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Computer Science, Physics or Chemistry.
- Thermal physics and heat transfer knowledge
- Proficiency in mathematics, statistics and data analysis
- Strong programming capacities
- Academic expedient will be valued in the selection
- Fast-learning and growth mindset
- High technical competence and engineering orientation
- Self-organization and responsibility
- Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to operate in a very dynamic environment
- Teamwork skills
- Fluent in English
Back to top