R&D Electrical Hardware Engineer
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex engineering issues and recommends appropriate alternatives in solving system regulated failures for Enterprise LaserJet related products. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project lead providing updates and direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Designs engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation,system power measurements, electrostatic discharge, and radiated emissions.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Participates in a project team with other hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for complex products.
- Represents the electrical hardware team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Typically 5+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using electrical design tools and software packages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top