R&D Big Data Engineer
The HP Barcelona Division has global responsibility for the design, development, and marketing of Large Format inkjet and 3D Multi Jet Fusion printers for professional applications. We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join our international Research and Development team of over 300 engineers, to help us take our business to the next level.
As a Data Engineer you will play a key role in developing our device telemetry based Big Data systems that collect and process data from hundreds of thousands of devices worldwide. You will be working with other developers and data scientists to ensure data integrity, timeliness, accuracy, and completeness. You will define and apply business validation rules for data capture where necessary, and enable sound business decisions to be made based on data-derived insights.
You have a background in computer science, engineering, or related fields, and are passionate about problem solving and working in teams. You believe that data and quantitatively derived insights should play an important role in business decision making. You are a creative but at the same time practical and results oriented person. You are a strong believer in the power of multi-disciplinary teams.
Your also have
- Experience with and a passion for Big Data
- Experience with Big Data architectures and technologies
- Notions of Quality Assurance and data validation techniques
- Practical knowledge of fundamental statistical concepts
- Some software development skills
- Some background in SQL development and usage
- Excellent teamworking and interpersonal skills
What we offer
You will be working from our main EMEA Headquarters in Sant Cugat (Barcelona), with worldwide responsibility regarding the R&D and business aspects of 3D and Large Format Printing. That is why we will make sure you enjoy a great work environment, amazing facilities and an innovative and technology focused atmosphere. Not only this, but as an HP employee, you will enjoy many different benefits, such as:
- Very flexible working schedule.
- Ticket restaurants and a big canteen with daily menu.
- Free parking and sports facilities at the Site.
- Private health and life insurance.
- Childcare provisions.
- Training and Development.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top