R&D 3DP Thermal HW Development Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP Barcelona site has the charter for the development of leading-edge 3D printers for a broad range of markets and needs worldwide. In this context, we look for a proactive, hands-on and technically solid person with genuine interest in technology and innovation. She/he will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team within the R&D department dedicated to thermal control and energy management in 3D printers. The position provides an exciting opportunity for an engineering student interested in starting his professional career in a high-tech, international environment, in an area full of exciting learning and innovation possibilities.
- Support to senior engineers on research and development of thermal processes, mechanical systems and other hardware solutions for energy management and thermal control of 3D printers, along with the algorithms and workflows required to operate them
- Design, execute and document tests for thermal management and/or other HW areas on printer development: test plans, design and assembly of test setups, test execution and data verification
- Setup, handling, calibration and operation of high-end instruments like thermo-cameras, thermistors, data logging devices, etc.
- Test data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting of results
- Development, empirical validation and retrofit of analytical models for energy/thermal analysis. Proficiency on computerized tools (e.g. Matlab, Maxima, Python, Excel, etc.), desirable CAE fundamentals (FEA, CFD, etc.)
- Design of tools and setups for testing, and support to printer components development.
- BsC (Grade) or Master student on Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerospace or similar engineering grade. Minimum 3 years of the grade required, academic expedient will be valued in the selection
- Thermal, energy management and hardware design profile
- Strong analytical capacities
- Teamwork skills
- Fast-learning and growth mindset
- Technical profile
- Self-organization and responsibility
- Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to operate in a very dynamic environment
- Fluent in English
Back to top