R&D Embedded Software Engineer-Ink Supply Firmware
- Vancouver, WA
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications and BIOS/UEFI
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Undertakes a broad range of challenges on a daily basis, designing and building quality features for printing systems
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong programming skills on C, C++, Python
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work using Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with Jira.
- General understanding of firmware and hardware design, including interactions and integrations of firmware with hardware
- Development experience with embedded systems
- Firmware testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools such as Google Test.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Leadership behaviors and attributes in line with HP's leadership principles (imagine the future, inspire the team, and make it happen)
- Critical thinking with strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
Back to top