Quality Project Program Manager
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- Designs and integrates quality requirements, processes, and practices into the development, design, manufacturing, and continuous improvement of products or solutions for a customer segment or business unit.
- Analyzes and reviews new product and solution designs and specifications for potential quality issues; provides tangible feedback and proposes changes to improve product quality and minimize risk of failures.
- Reviews reports, test data, and process results for assigned components and subsystems to identify trends and issues, perform root-cause analysis, and develop recommendations for resolution
- Communicates product and process issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management, internal, and outsourced manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to product or process to reduce defects and improve quality.
- Represents the quality engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development and manufacturing projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Lean, Six Sigma green belt or equivalent preferred.
- Typically 4-6 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and processes.
- Strong analytical, statistics, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of material properties, hardware and electrical component design and manufacture, and industry quality standards and methodologies.
- Using empirical and root- cause analysis, modeling, and testing methodologies to validate product designs, specifications, and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top