Quality Program Manager
HP EMEA Customer Support is responsible for all aspects of the customer support experience delivered to EMEA customers and support partners. The aim is to provide a high quality, differentiated support experience that is highly valued by our customers and contributes significantly to customer retention and overall business growth, whilst delivering to CS cost structure objectives.
The HP Customer Support EMEA, Category organization is tasked with ensuring that the support offering matches the regional competitive landscape, deployment of the support offering, management of end-to-end delivery, managed Advance Technical Support operations and lead the product & Service quality within the region.
As part of the HP Customer Support, Category organization, the Quality Program Manager applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
• Manages and leads a program involving multiple functions and project teams to promote quality culture and drive the quality improvement process for a product or service offering.
• Develops and directs development of schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
• Manages activities of supporting project teams and internal partners; ensures progress against established plan and makes determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
• Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal development, manufacturing and service delivery partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules.
• Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the organization.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
• Performs quality business analysis, identifies root cause, and develops recommendations/ solutions to drive business improvements.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Quality Management, Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent
• Project management certification such as PMP/PMI certification preferred.
• Lean Six Sigma or other Quality certification preferred.
• Typically 6-10 years' experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated business acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top