Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
We are looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer with strong technical skills to join the team that is responsible for developing test automation framework for several platforms. This role is a demanding, highly dynamic, technically challenging position. Candidate must be a top Quality Engineer, versed in JAVA, Python, iOS, and Android code base, detail-oriented, flexible, eager to learn, and committed to becoming an integral part of our QA team.
This position is for an experienced test automation engineer to define and lead development activities. This person will design and develop framework, libraries, and tools, which will enable Mobile, Web, Windows, and Mac Applications validation, as well as Firmware integration when testing software interactions with printers via WiFi or Cloud connectivity. The Test Automation Engineer will work closely with development teams across the software lab to drive a common solution for test automation. The objective is to accelerate the test automation development using the common framework and tools as much as possible. This engineer will look for opportunities to push test scripts or libraries development upstream in the development process.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Designs quality assurance and test processes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into software and firmware architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software quality assurance engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable and cost- effective testing and quality assurance solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding test status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software quality assurance team for all phases of larger andmore-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Software testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with design for software and firmware running on multiple platform types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Alex J.Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top