PWP Data Pipeline Engineer
Are you a highly motivated, innovative person who wants to work on the cutting edge of the commercial printing industry? The PageWide Web Press team is driving the transition from traditional offset printing to digital.
We are looking for talented engineers to join us in delivering the most reliable, supportable, and productive digital presses in the industry.
- Handle Tier 4 customer incidents that are escalated by Tier 3 regional engineers. Calls may occasionally be outside business hours. Communicate status to customers and management.
- Attend support calls and visit customer sites as needed to resolve incidents. Travel could be 25%. Travel should be less with careful planning and organized coordination of issue and problem management. Get to root cause, develop solutions, qualify, coordinate and plan customer deployment.
- Draw and apply knowledge from developers in R&D to perform the Tier 4 function. Partner with R&D to ensure a successful NPI of key programs.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the various sub system functionality, changes, known issues, work-arounds, diagnostics, and scripts, to execute deeper level troubleshooting and quick resolution.
- Identify class issues, trends for problem management and generate solutions through vehicles like troubleshooting guides.
- Proactive prevention of issues through testing, data analysis and pushing documented changes back into R&D.
- Pass on resolution knowledge to the Tier 1-3 teams with the goal of reducing the life cycle of the support request as well as increasing their ability to close more incidents.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and have the following qualifications:
- HP Web Press Data Pipeline knowledge is a plus.
- Printed Circuit Assembly design and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written technical instructions.
- Software development skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top