PWI Press Install Program Manager
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
As the PWI Press Install Lead Engineer and Customer Program Manager, you'll play a key role in the success of PWI's growing business. In this capacity you will work directly with our customers and across the PWI Operations and Solutions teams to plan and execute the delivery and installation of PWI Web Presses within customer's facilities. You'll be responsible for ensuring that the customer has prepared to receive the press and that all logistics and staffing for executing the install have been made. Finally you will remotely, or directly oversee all aspects of the install ensuring it successfully meets customer expectations, schedule and HP cost requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing process and procedure to enhance the efficiency of the install function.
- Developing processes and tools for the efficient monitoring and reporting of performance metrics for the install function.
- Developing and implementing cost models for the press installs and the overall install operation and in line with budgetary requirements.
- Developing and maintaining a capacity model for the install function.
- Assisting in the development of strategies around the sizing of the overall Install Resource set.
- Working to develop and manage contract resources as part of the overall Install operation.
- Supporting the development and mentorship new Install Project Managers
- Manage 3-4 installs per year to maintain contact with customers and monitor install environment.
- Work with internal PWI partners to develop and enhance overall press delivery experience for the customer and increase efficiencies for the business.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (industrial, mechanical, electrical) plus a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or, Master's degree (industrial, mechanical, electrical) in Engineering plus 4-6 years relevant experience.
Experience and Knowledge (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing large Capital installations. (>$4M)
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated experience in detailed project planning and execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise a team executing a project plan.
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers to provide services.
- Solid process skills with ability to adapt to unexpected changes.
- Ability to work across organizations and geographies boundaries.
- Ability to represent status and issues to both customers and management.
- Good direct customer interaction skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top