PWI Install Technical Lead
The primary responsibilities for this position will be to provide skilled technical support working closely with customers, HP Install Managers, and technical partners in support of PageWide Web Press installation and integration. This will require the install tech to apply extensive knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures.
- Strong mechanical/electrical skills and experience.
- Fully knowledge of press paper path system and subsystems components and interactions. Complete understanding of paper path interdependencies and dynamics.
- Experience with installation of equipment, electrical enclosures, panels, guards, and all mounting hardware and components within planned installation timelines.
- Fully trained in the installation, alignment, and setup procedures. Experienced with tramming to ensure proper paper path roller-to-roller alignment.
- Able to read and interpret precision machine levels and micrometres.
- Set up, calibrate, troubleshoot, and validate process/product equipment.
- Execute testing to identify and correct system problems at component levels as part of system sustainment activities.
- Ability to apply analytical/mathematical skills and understanding of scientific fundamentals involved in the assigned field (e.g., fluids, gas systems, electronics, optics, compute systems, control interfaces etc.).
- Strong electro/mechanical understanding. Able to work independently to determine root cause of most common system and interface problems and provide identified solutions.
- Able to work with other experts to determine root cause of complex systems and interface problems and execute identified solutions.
- Experience imposing user files for print production. This may include evaluating why files fail to rip or process properly and taking corrective action to remedy the issues.
- Strong eye for print quality evaluation and ability to follow instructions and guidelines in order to implement adjustments as needed for optimal PQ.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision, and at times completing assignments without established procedures.
- Dependability in delivering results according to schedules without reminders.
Required Qualifications & Training
- Advanced knowledge in the field of electro mechanical technology and software.
- Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW): Must meet guidelines established by FED OSHA for defining QEW. Safely troubleshoot and repair/replace electrical systems and components where voltages in excess of 50V are utilized. Some troubleshooting of live circuits where voltages in excess of 50 volts are present. This is not facilities related installations or repairs.
- Understands 3 phase electrical systems.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top