Pursuit and Solutioning - Velocity Solution Center
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Gathers and assesses customer technical needs.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies probable competition.
- Solution Planning and Design.
- Solicits inputs from other experts as required.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Assists peers in area of expertise as needed.
- Maintains excellent communications with customers.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Engages appropriate additional technical resources as needed.
- Provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 3-5 years experience in technical selling.
- Technical and/or solution experience in industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- HP Portfolio knowledge.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of HP solutions, including HP Services.
- Demonstrates strong technical capabilities in assigned area of specialization.
- Understands data business center components and how IT is used to address business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a contributing team member for large complex projects.
- Has a high level understanding of the HP product roadmaps for BU's within area of specialization.
- Has demonstrated hands-on level skills with some of the technology.
- Understands basic financial and accounting concepts.
- Understands customer value chain concepts.
- Understands basic business structures and processes in assigned area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates good questioning techniques and related communications skills.
- Strong technical selling skills.
Back to top