This position reports into the Americas Strategic Proposal Center (SPC). The SPC engages directly with HP's sales teams, providing leadership for proposal development efforts in a dynamic, high performance environment.
LA Proposal Manager
Supports the Mexico and MCA sales organization by independently managing moderate to high complexity customer Request for Proposal responses; develop / deliver world-class proposals to major accounts through effective development of multiple proposals in a high performance environment; take ownership and responsibility for the process, ensuring the final proposal follows HP's operational goals and guidelines; effectively position HP products and services to drive sales; contribute to enhancing internal relationships, information tools, infrastructure and processes; achieve high levels of customer satisfaction. The Proposal Manager's work is primarily done in a reactive environment, and he / she is required to manage multiple RFPs/RFIs simultaneously, often with fast turnaround times.
The Proposal Manager's responsibilities include:
1. overall proposal deliverable - end to end
2. proposal project and content management
3. analyze customer RFP/requirements documents and develop proposal schedules and outlines/templates to control proposal development
4. facilitating proposal strategy, win themes & strategic business writing
5. managing teams of subject matter experts
6. process and quality control
7. consistency and quality of messaging
8. ensure compliance with customer's requirements and deadlines
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred
- Over 2 years of experience in proposal development (or related discipline) with demonstrated track record of success and progression of responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Project management and leadership skills
- Strong collaboration, team-building and motivation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Spanish and English)
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build relationships at all levels and across organizations
- Proficient in MS Office applications and collaboration tools
- Ability to work as proactive member of a team, as well as independently.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top