Project Manager Implementation
HP Inc. is the leading technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. For more than 70 years HP Inc. has combined its ingenuity, engineering power and customer focus to help people around the world apply technology in meaningful ways to their businesses, personal lives and communities.
Managed Print Services (MPS) is the managed services business unit of the Print Service Category. We have perennially achieved double digit growth in a highly competitive environment and are a strategic growth area for the HP Inc Print Service Category.
The MPS portfolio focuses on optimizing copying/printing and imaging so information flows seamlessly, while taking the pain and cost out of print management for our customers. This can range from a simple usage-based lease to a fully managed outsourcing service. Based on market opportunities and HP Inc.'s competitive advantages, The MPS business has very ambitious growth objectives.
The Managed Print Services organization is seeking a qualified Project Manager who demonstrates in-depth expertise working with end-to-end IT services in the managed print services area. Our portfolio offers a wide spectrum of services to fulfill customer specific needs, which includes assessments, business cases, transition management, custom deployments, break-fix, IMACD's and full lifecycle management and corresponding services to cover local or global scope.
Activities of the Project Manager:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with (senior) customer management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Education & Experience:
- 5 to 8 years planning and/or management experience
- First Level University degree.
- 7 years experience in project management or in alike roles/businesses
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of key HP Services' operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Speaks with authority to most layers of depth related to project management methods.
- Makes use of and contributes to HP s PM Profession's community.
- PRINCE2 and/or PMP Certified
- Fluency in English and Swedish are required
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today, we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note: As a standard part of our hiring process we conduct background screenings
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top