Project Manager - Device As a Service
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- Multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- Tablets, phablets, notebooks
- Mobile workstations
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create!
HP is combining innovative devices, lifecycle services, and HP expertise into an all-inclusive, HP-managed solution – HP DAAS (Device As a Service) hthttp://www8.hp.com/us/en/services/daas.html
Lifecycle services include configuration, deployment, maintenance and disposal of PCs and Printers.
The Service delivery management system allows to trigger and monitor all service activities under HP DAAS.
HP DAAS is a growing business for HP - The tools and process engineer is a central role and guarantee efficient service management for our HP DAAS Customers.
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
As a DAAS (Device as a Service) tools and process engineer you are responsible for
- Engineer architecture of service delivery management systems that allows efficient and controlled delivery of DAAS services to our customers.
- Such systems consist in various inter-connected applications that mix HP and customers core business apps
- Be the trusted advisor to account team and customer by bringing the knowledge of service delivery architectural frameworks, methodologies, and tools and understand how to apply this knowledge to successfully deliver customer projects.
- Being familiar with Microsoft device management systems as well as market standard solutions such as ServiceNow, Ivanti / Landesk, Remedy is a plus.
- Lead implementation project and ensure effective and efficient development, delivery, deployment, operation and support of these solutions in due time and costs.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally, with external partners and with the customer by understanding the customer's business context and their unique situation.
- Collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development and implementation of the solution
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Industry experience, typically 10 years+ in several of the related disciplines of service delivery, system solution architecting, process engineering, project management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of Service Delivery Systems Tooling Solutions – that may include leading a team of two or more consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
- Can validate/evaluate if a system or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications.
- Familiar with industry service management standard solutions (Service Now, Ivanti, Remedy…)
- Familiar with Microsoft Device Management solutions (Active Directory, Configuration Manager)
- Understand, use ITIL - Fundamental Certification is a plus
- Applies appropriate methodologies and SME knowledge to resolve complex business issues.
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers
- Deep IT Service Management industry knowledge.
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements ("trusted advisor" role).
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability.
- Service Delivery:
- Knowledge/experience of PC/Printers lifecycle services delivery processes – such as deployment, IMACD, Service Desk
- Ability to write Statements of Work.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals
- Successfully works on account teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team).
- Collaborates effectively with the account team during pursuit and implementation.
- Can contribute in the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology.
- Assists in development and delivery of training.
- Participates in defining HP unit's processes, standards, and policies.
- Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Unit leader and CIO, CTO level.
- Good customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top