At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
This position is in the Product and Services Operations organization, which creates competitive advantage for the businesses by reengineering and integrating end-to-end order management and supply chain systems
implementing industry best IT solutions. As a member of this global IT team, you will work in a highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid work environment, working across multiple time zones. You will contribute technical and business knowledge expertise to design, develop, and implement integrated IT / business solutions focused primarily around the SAP suite of applications. Effectively work across organizations to drive appropriate business / IT solutions; view alternatives from an end-to-end order management & supply chain perspective and understand the broader implications of technical and business related choices. Work in a self-directed enviroment where strong teamwork, individual initiatives and accountability are highly valued.
This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management. Candidate needs strong project management skills.
As a Project Manager:
- End to End project management from initiation to closure
- Leading team through all phases like requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and warranty support.
- Maintains complete autonomy for the management of the project to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the business case and articulated by the steering committee
- Coaches and mentors project team members
- Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources Responsible for project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management
- Responsible for project communications
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Business Management or related field is a minimum or
equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6
years of experience.
PMP Certification a plus
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
1. Manages internal project delivery
- Budget as detailed in Impact section.
- Medium/ moderately complex/ local or sub- region.
- Medium/ high risk.
2. Manages project financials including business impact.
- Meets or exceeds approved budget.
- Provides reliable financial forecasts to Management.
3. Manages stakeholder relationships.
- Manages mid to upper level stakeholder relationships.
4. Manages project team.
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size generally up to 20 people Is aware of necessary skill development of project team members.
- Provides performance review input and development recommendations for team members .
Education and Experience Required:
First Level University degree. 5+ years in project management roles or in like roles/businesses.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of key Services' operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Speaks with expertise to many layers of depth related to project management methods.
- Participates in the Services PM Profession community.
- On the PMP Certification path.
Back to top