Program Manager - Manager ( Sales, Transition, SD, and BI / Reporting)
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Leads a team to Manage the release cycle for an asset. Ensure Scope, schedule, resources meet the objectives and timelines. Report status, manage risks, communications to users. Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within the global S&I PMO -
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates. and coordinating projects for systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides people-care management for assigned team members, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that proper knowledge and career development tools are in place to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master in Project Management Discipline
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced university degree in project managment.
- Typically 5 or more years of related work experience, including 0 -2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Good understanding of HP's policies and processes.
Back to top