Professional Services Windows Consultant
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. (TCP review board required in TCP families)
- Usually responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Is usually the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads large cross functional teams to include technical management of client staff assigned to implementation team in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverables.
- Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations. May need to develop new methods to apply to situations.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts, solution design.
- Provides consulting advice to customer senior IT leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on HP's solutions and products.
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
- Produces strategies which assist HP in becoming No. 1 in the market place.
- Actively participates in HP professions program and Practice Improvement activities.
- Role models knowledge sharing and
- Re-use within practice or profession.
- Proactively encourages Membership and contributions of others to professional community.
- Regularly produces externally published material such as books, magazine articles, etc. which enhances the reputation of HP.
- Regularly presents at multi- customer technology conferences.
- Provides council and mentoring to team members, and extends teamwork beyond projects to practices and cross-GBUs. Maintains network of customers at senior levels and revisits them regularly.
- Creates and supports sales activities. Assumes overall leadership for sales activities for specific aspect, and ensures owners of activities have clear direction. Provides strategies, ideas, and collateral for sales. Leads production of proposals, working across HP departments, for complex customer solutions.
Education and Experience Required:
- 12+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Masters degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (15+ years in total).
General Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates ability to develop solutions that can be used at multiple customer sites to enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of their enterprise.
- Develops reusable solutions and workarounds that are innovative and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of the affected products, processes, and the customer environment.
- Breadth of knowledge covers additional business units, third parties, competitors, and business drivers.
- Recognized as an advanced subject matter expert of IT products, applied technologies and processes, combining vendor interoperability knowledge pertaining to complex IT infrastructures. May define interoperability issues between vendors' products and is a recognized expert in one or more technologies across an HPS region. Holds a vendor or industry certification in more than one discipline area. Regularly represents HPS at industry recognized technical events.
- Has performed troubleshooting across a number of significant multi-vendor products.
- Has demonstrated innovation and ability to communicate new offerings across multiple business units. Has led a cross functional team in the delivery of multiple solutions across multiple technologies.
- Ability to operate and present at all levels, and in public forums, to facilitate business discussions, and controls and leads those discussions.
- Demonstrates ability to represent the whole organization within a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with the business. Ability to lead production of proposals, working across departments, for complex customer solutions. Able to lead, coach and mentor others in consulting skills.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and win new opportunities through application of consulting skills. Maintains and develops client engagements which are strategic.
- Ability to relate risks and challenges with other client efforts.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures. Ability to develop Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements to technologies
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Migrations – This is the big picture, understanding the entire flow and processes of a migration and what it takes from an effort level to accomplish the work.
- Windows 10 -Knowledge of Windows 10 Operating System on:
- Version – LTSB, CB, CBB and why one over the other would be recommended for the deployment
- Security – Understanding the security features of Windows 10 and the benefits and values they provide to the customer
- Cloud Integration – Cloud Identity management, for authentication via the cloud, application delivery strategies using the Cloud
- Microsoft Store – Knowledge around the Microsoft Store for Business to be able to make recommendations about its usage and benefits.
- App-V and UE-V Client Integration – understanding the impacts of both clients and able to provide recommendations to the customers
BitLocker – understand the value and able to articulate recommendations to customers on the usage and implementation
- System Center Configuration Manager – In-depth knowledge of SCCM Operating System Deployment methodology and best practices. Knowledge on the latest SCCM versions and changes from the 2012 R2 version, as well as impacts of the CB / CBB updating on management and deployment.
- Integration with Intune (optional)
3rd Party Product Integration – ability to recommend 3rd party products such as 1E or Adaptiva to a customer and the ability to articulate the value add.
- Imaging – a deep understanding of the imaging process for custom images, to be deployed across a network and able to articulate the value of and differences between:
- Thin, Thick and Hybrid image builds
Knowledge around Provisioning using the Microsoft Image and Configuration Designer
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – MDT 2013 Update 2 and later builds, which align with the Current Branch for Business builds. Needs to have an in-depth knowledge and experience in working with MDT in the Operating System Deployment solutions including:
- Task Sequence development – knowledge on building task sequences for the operating system deployment.
- CustomSetting.ini – Configuration of settings for automation using the CustomSettings.ini
Integration with SCCM – ability to articulate the value of integration MDT with SCCM and provide recommendations to customers.
- Automation – knowledge and experience around automation approaches for migration activities including experience in:
PowerShell Scripting, System Center Orchestrator, User State Migration Tool
- Active Directory – knowledge around AD DS to facilitate a successful Operating System Deployment including:
- DNS, DHCP, GPO Policies
- Trust Relationships
- Networking – knowledge around networking for the purposes of and Operating System Deployment strategy and design. Should understand and be able to articulate for a deployment the following:
Network Bandwidth Utilization, QoS, IP Addressing, Routing, Firewalls, VLANs
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure – VDI (Optional)
- Communication Skills – ability to speak at a C' level and articulate recommendations in a professional manner
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top