Professional Services Infrastructure Consultant
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
Add Business Unit Description here if provided
If you are our Professional Services Infrastructure Consultant in Singapore, you will have a chance to
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution for key customers engagements.
- Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Is often the Infrastructure Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly lead in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Provide advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions.
- Provide input to HP strategy moving forward.
- Collect and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- 8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
- Has led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple technologies.
- Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer's enterprise.
- Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer's IT environment.
- Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate professionalism.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Migrations - This is the big picture, understanding the entire flow and processes of a migration and what it takes from an effort level to accomplish the work.
- Windows 10 -Knowledge of Windows 10 Operating System on:
- Version - LTSB, CB, CBB and why one over the other would be recommended for the deployment
- Security - Understanding the security features of Windows 10 and the benefits and values they provide to the customer
- Cloud Integration - Cloud Identity management, for authentication via the cloud, application delivery strategies using the Cloud
- Microsoft Store - Knowledge around the Microsoft Store for Business to be able to make recommendations about its usage and benefits.
- App-V and UE-V Client Integration - understanding the impacts of both clients and able to provide recommendations to the customers
- BitLocker - understand the value and able to articulate recommendations to customers on the usage and implementation
- System Center Configuration Manager - In-depth knowledge of SCCM Operating System Deployment methodology and best practices. Knowledge on the latest SCCM versions and changes from the 2012 R2 version, as well as impacts of the CB / CBB updating on management and deployment.
- Integration with Intune (optional)
- 3rd Party Product Integration - ability to recommend 3rd party products such as 1E or Adaptiva to a customer and the ability to articulate the value add.
- Imaging - a deep understanding of the imaging process for custom images, to be deployed across a network and able to articulate the value of and differences between:
- Thin, Thick and Hybrid image builds
- Knowledge around Provisioning using the Microsoft Image and Configuration Designer
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit - MDT 2013 Update 2 and later builds, which align with the Current Branch for Business builds. Needs to have an in-depth knowledge and experience in working with MDT in the Operating System Deployment solutions including:
- Task Sequence development - knowledge on building task sequences for the operating system deployment.
- CustomSetting.ini - Configuration of settings for automation using the CustomSettings.ini
- Integration with SCCM - ability to articulate the value of integration MDT with SCCM and provide recommendations to customers.
- Automation - knowledge and experience around automation approaches for migration activities including experience in:
- PowerShell Scripting, System Center Orchestrator, User State Migration Tool
- Active Directory - knowledge around AD DS to facilitate a successful Operating System Deployment including:
- DNS, DHCP, GPO Policies
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top