Professional Services Consultant – Security and Microsoft Infrastructure Architect
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies. HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as: blended reality technology, 3D printing, multi-function printing, Ink in the office, tablets, phablets, notebooks and mobile workstations.
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
HP Services is looking for strong technical, customerfacing person todrive end point device Infrastructure and Security engagements. This includes Assessments, Preparation (Image Development, Application Remediation, Browser integration), Deployment planning and delivery, and ongoing support and updates. It may include extensions into Manageability solutions (SCCM, Altris, etc.), Cloud, O365, and related integration points. It also includes various levels of associated Security assessments and advisory services. The position will be primarily customer facing supporting key HP customers.
- Deliver professional consultancy and be the lead HP consultant on Microsoft Windows 10 migration and deployment and Security.
- Deliver Consultancy and workshops with customers on Windows 10 migration/deployment and Security
- Usually responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Is usually the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads large cross functional teams to include technical management of client staff assigned to implementation team in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverables.
- Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations. May need to develop new methods to apply to situations.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts, solution design.
- Provides consulting advice to customer senior IT leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on HP's solutions and products
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager.
- Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
Education and Experience Required:
- 12+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Masters degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience would be preferred.
General Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates ability to develop solutions that can be used at multiple customer sites to enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of their enterprise.
- Develops reusable solutions and workarounds that are innovative and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of the affected products, processes, and the customer environment
- Ability to operate and present at all levels, and in public forums, to facilitate business discussions, and controls and leads those discussions.
- Demonstrates ability to represent the whole organization within a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with the business. Ability to lead production of proposals, working across departments, for complex customer solutions. Able to lead, coach and mentor others in consulting skills.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and win new opportunities through application of consulting skills. Maintains and develops client engagements which are strategic.
Specific technical Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Migrations - This is the big picture, understanding the entire flow and processes of a migration and what it takes from an effort level to accomplish the work.
- Windows 10 -Knowledge of Windows 10 Operating System on:
- Version - LTSB, CB, CBB and why one over the other would be recommended for the deployment
- Security - Understanding the security features of Windows 10 and the benefits and values they provide to the customer
- Cloud Integration - Cloud Identity management, for authentication via the cloud, application delivery strategies using the Cloud
- Microsoft Store - Knowledge around the Microsoft Store for Business to be able to make recommendations about its usage and benefits.
- App-V and UE-V Client Integration - understanding the impacts of both clients and able to provide recommendations to the customers
- BitLocker - understand the value and able to articulate recommendations to customers on the usage and implementation
- System Center Configuration Manager - In-depth knowledge of SCCM Operating System Deployment methodology and best practices. Knowledge on the latest SCCM versions and changes from the 2012 R2 version, as well as impacts of the CB / CBB updating on management and deployment.
- Integration with Intune (optional)
- 3rd Party Product Integration - ability to recommend 3rd party products such as 1E or Adaptiva to a customer and the ability to articulate the value add.
- Imaging - a deep understanding of the imaging process for custom images, to be deployed across a network and able to articulate the value of and differences between:
- Thin, Thick and Hybrid image builds
- Knowledge around Provisioning using the Microsoft Image and Configuration Designer
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit - MDT 2013 Update 2 and later builds, which align with the Current Branch for Business builds. Needs to have an in-depth knowledge and experience in working with MDT in the Operating System Deployment solutions including:
- Task Sequence development - knowledge on building task sequences for the operating system deployment.
- CustomSetting.ini - Configuration of settings for automation using the CustomSettings.ini
- Integration with SCCM - ability to articulate the value of integration MDT with SCCM and provide recommendations to customers.
- Automation - knowledge and experience around automation approaches for migration activities including experience in:
- PowerShell Scripting, System Center Orchestrator, User State Migration Tool
- Active Directory - knowledge around AD DS to facilitate a successful Operating System Deployment including:
- DNS, DHCP, GPO Policies
- Trust Relationships
- Passport (optional)
- Networking - knowledge around networking for the purposes of and Operating System Deployment strategy and design. Should understand and be able to articulate for a deployment the following:
- Network Bandwidth Utilization, QoS, IP Addressing, Routing, Firewalls, VLANs
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure - VDI (Optional)
What do we offer?
Due to extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, HP is one of the world's most attractive employer. We make equal opportunities, the achievement of work-life balance and constantly career options our goals.
Interested? Apply right now directly via our Job Portal.
You can also find us on:
As a standard part of our hiring process we conduct candidate screenings including CV and education checks.
Back to top