Product Support Expert
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP are recruiting for an experienced and knowledgeable Product Support Expert (PSE) to join the EMEA team. The successful applicant will need to have a deep and broad technical background and be able to apply knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas and customer groups. You will be frequently contributing to the development of new ideas and methods and as a result must act as an expert, providing direction and guidance to customers and clients.
It is essential that you have an existing knowledge base on HP's PageWide Web Press portfolio and be confident to support customers, partners and end users with any issues that may rise. In addition, the successful applicant should be able to show they can work in a proactive manner to ensure that the workload is kept on top of.
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, and we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
- Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customer.
- Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
- Act as a consultant in service delivery business, technology, industry or specific application.
- Resolve technical and some business incidents independently.
- Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
- Deliver strategic account support by proactively maintaining high-level technical, operational expertise and understanding of industry trends.
- Review support plan for business indicators and map to HP service solutions.
- Develop and grow assigned customer account relationships with complex and strategic accounts.
- Act as trusted advisor in the consultant role for customer and HP sales teams.
- Design and deliver support solutions using specific industry knowledge and expertise; Assist Mission Critical or project manager in solution formation and lead Mission Critical delivery team in planning, delivering, and managing complex support solutions.
- Provide suggestions for operational efficiencies.
- Create and deliver Value Based Delivery (VBD) account plans for assigned accounts.
- Lead Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
- Give inputs to operational methods and programs that may affect the business management strategy in a geographic area.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field)
- Several years of working experience within a related field.
- Prior experience and knowledge of HP's product range - specifically the PageWide Web Press (PWP) portoflio.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of HP and industry standard networked computing environments, operating systems, and applications.
- Some in-depth knowledge of corporate organization and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant HP services, competition, market trends, HP organization, and third parties.
- Business, technical, or functional knowledge at the mastery level plus administrative or operations knowledge.
- Anticipate Customer needs, develop proposed solutions, and build consensus.
- Provide Mission Critical customer recommendations to improve processes.
- Experienced knowledge of change management process and tools in complex environment.
- Advanced skills in project management, communication, analysis, and presentation.
- Expertise in area of focus and knowledgeable of future technology directions.
- team player
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top