Product Mechanical R&D Engineer
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create! If you are our Product Mechanical R&D Engineer in Singapore, you will have a chance to
- You will be a member of an R&D team responsible for the development of Consumer inkjet All-in-One and Printer products. You will be responsible for
- Develop engineering specifications and requirements; develop solutions to achieve and exceed expectations of marketing and customer requirements.
- Work with ID and Ux (User experience) to conceptualize the design that meets program goals.
- Manage risks associated with the delivery of your project and maintain suitable backup options.
- System and part design.
- Test and verify your design to meet all functionality, reliability, serviceability, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the organization in maintaining system quality throughout the product lifecycle.
- Solving technically challenging and organizational complex issues.
- You will be using One Space Designer tool to create mechanical design. You will work with our Manufacturing partners or procurement to ensure tools are released on time for build and meets design requirement. You will support ID to conceptualize the design and deliver the product design, ensuring that all designs work together and deliver on system reliability, cost and performance requirements.
- We are looking for a highly motivated top performer with deep technical skills in hardware design, and demonstrated technical leadership across disciplines (HW, FW, SW). We are looking for people who can innovate on simple and low cost solutions for our "low price/high volume" inkjet All-in-One and Printer categories
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in case parts and/or mechanism design. Preferred experience in All-in-One or Inkjet Printer products.
- 2 years experience in Product design, case parts cosmetic treatments, worst casing analysis, FMEA, Design of Experiment, Metrology concept (such as Cp/Cpk)
- •Experience to conceptualize, implement and validate a system level design and solution
- •Experience to verify performance through empirical testing as well as analytical models. Strong problem solving skills
- •Expert in system integration for multiple product development cycles in an R&D environment
- •Ability to interface with all levels in HW/FW/SW development and test organizations.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top